Access Services Department
The Access Services Department facilitates the retrieval and use of the instructional and research materials housed at the Main and Science Libraries and the Libraries' Repository.
iPads and laptops are available at the Main and Science Libraries and may be checked out by eligible University of Georgia students, faculty, and staff. The laptops and iPads circulate for 6 hours and may be taken out of the buildings.
|The Main and Science Libraries now have a small supply of Amazon Kindles to lend to eligible University of Georgia students, faculty, and staff. The Kindles circulate for 14 days.|
There are no consecutive renewals and no waiting lists for technology lending. If property is damaged, lost, or returned late, fees will apply. Additionally, the borrowers' UGA records will be flagged in the Registrar's computer system.
Please check out the following important links:
- Borrowing - summary of borrowing privileges afforded each type of borrower at the UGA Libraries
- GIL Express - GIL Express is a resource sharing initiative that allows students, faculty and staff access to all eligible circulating material at all USG libraries.
- GIL Express Website - visit the GIL Express website for more information on this service
- Hours - please visit this page for the hours of the Main and Science Libraries
- Online Forms - listing of online forms for the Access Services Department
- Reserves - Reserve collections of the Main and Science Libraries provide limited circulation of books and other materials to support University teaching activities
- Security - ensures a pleasant and productive environment for study and research for all users
- Services - listing of popular services offered by the Access Services Department
- Universal Catalog - search the statewide catalog and make GIL Express requests
|Viki Timian, Department Head||Access Services - Main Library||Access Services - Science Library|
|Access Services Department||Phone: (706) 542-3256||Phone: (706) 542-4535|
|Email: firstname.lastname@example.org||Email: email@example.com||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Phone: (706) 542-3256||Mailing Address:||Mailing Address:|
|Access Services Department||Access Services Department|
|University of Georgia Libraries||University of Georgia Libraries|
|Main Library||Science Library|
|Athens, GA 30602-1641||Athens, GA 30602-7412|