To have a Spring Semester 2013 list retained for Summer Semester 2013, please notify Reserves by April 30, 2013. You may retain the list by going to the following web page for contact information:
Books currently on reserve for Spring Semester will be removed from Reserves unless a specific request has been made to the contrary.
If you wish to have books or other materials placed on reserve for Summer Semester 2013, please follow these instructions:
- Lists and personal materials must be received in the Reserve Department by April 30, 2013 for the materials to be guaranteed to be available on the first day of Summer Semester 2013 classes. Requests submitted after this date will be processed as quickly as possible based on established processing priorities.
- If you submit your Reserve request during the first two weeks of classes, you should expect a delay before the materials will be available for use, as a large number of instructors submit lists at the same time at the beginning of the semester. Priority will only be given for items submitted in an electronic format.
- Please provide all information requested on the Reserve Materials List form, including complete call numbers and complete bibliographic information for each journal article. Please make sure that the way titles are noted on your syllabus is consistent with the way they are noted on your Reserve request. Personal copies of books or photocopied material will have in-house call numbers assigned when they are processed for Reserves.
- The UGA Libraries make every attempt to respect the boundaries of the Fair Use Clause of copyright law. We will scan ONE article from an issue of a journal, THREE articles from a bound volume of a journal, or ONE chapter from a book, provided that the material does not comprise a significant proportion of the work (issue, volume, or book). Please note that the UGA Libraries do not take responsibility for copyright clearance or permissions.
- At the request of the instructor, the Libraries can provide statistical information on the number of checkouts for items on Reserve for the current semester (once the semester is over this information may not be available). Please contact the Reserve desk of the Main or Science library for this information.
- For instructors with an established class web page, we also have the capability to provide a link from GIL to the web page. Please include the class web page address if you would like us to establish a link from GIL to your web page.
- You will be notified when your list has been processed and the books are available for use. Please do not assign reserve readings prior to notification.
Specific Electronic Reserves Guidelines
If you have material that is to be scanned for Electronic Reserves, you will need to provide us with a password for your students to access these documents. It is very important that you inform your students of the password so that they can easily access their materials online. In accordance with copyright law, passwords must change each semester.
|Electronic format||Must be submitted on disk or CD - preferably file sizes less than 1000 kb||Highest Processing Priority|
|Photocopies||Legible, good quality copies on 8 1/2 x 11 inch white paper||Second Processing Priority|
|Citations||Complete bibliographic citations need to be provided||Lowest Processing Priority|