GIL – PLACING A RECALL
Step 1 – Search for an item in the GIL Catalog
Step 2 – To be eligible for recall, the item must have the status of “Checked out” or “Renewed”
Step 3 – Click on item in the list to display item record
Step 4 – Scroll up to the top of the page and click the “Request” button
Step 5 – You must logon to your “My Account”
- Using the drop down menu choose UGA Institution ID (810 number) or UGACard Barcode Number
- Sample 810 number in yellow
- Sample UGACard Barcode number - Type all 16 digits (6275418101234560)
Step 6 – Choose the Type of Request – “Recall” and click the OK button
Step 7 – The Recall form should now display – You must re-enter the ID number you used to logon, choose pickup location and click Submit Request button
Step 8 – You should get the message “Your Patron Initiated Request was successful.”
- Once the book is returned and placed "On Hold," you should receive an email alerting you that you can pick up the book at your desired pickup location.
- You can also check your "My Account" to see when the book has been returned and it will display under "Items Available"