Doing Your Research
- Loan Periods/Fine Rates: Most books may be borrowed for 6 months
- Recalls/Renewals: Unlimited renewals unless book is requested by someone else
- Repository Request: Order materials housed in off-campus storage
- Find New Books: Search for new books by library they're housed in
GIL Universal Catalog: Find books at all public academic institutions in Georgia
- Borrow through Interlibrary Loan (delivery averages 7-10 days).
GALILEO: UGA's interface to article databases and citation indexes.
- Browse an alphabetical list of databases
- See subject pages for top databases by discipline
- Password: Required for off-campus access
Electronic Journal Locator: Find an online article from a citation
- Bookmark databases or e-journals and get straight into them without a password if you are using a recognized campus IP address.
Electronic Thesis/Dissertation Database: Find dissertations written since 1999 at UGA
- GIL: Use for older UGA dissertations; library has print copies.
Dissertation Abstracts: Search United States dissertations from the 19th century to the present
- Borrow through Interlibrary Loan.
Primary Sources @ UGA
Digital Library of Georgia: Georgia History and Culture Collections
Walter J. Brown Media Archives: Media and Peabody Television Collections
Hargrett Manuscript and Rare Books Collection
Richard B. Russell Library for Political Research and Studies
Other Library Resources
Citation Searching: See how many times your articles have been cited, and by whom.
Data Services: U.S. Census, other statistical and polling data
Government Documents: Federal, State, UN, and others
Bibliographic Citation Management Software: