Finding Aid for J.B. Preston Extension Tobacco Agronomist Papers 1946-1966 (UA 03-043)
RG 5.6 Cooperative Extension
12 Linear Feet : 12 Banker's Boxes
Scope and Contents
J.B. Preston was extension agronomist for tobacco stationed at the University of Georgia Coastal Plain Experiment Station in Tifton, Georgia. This collection chiefly consists of bound volumes of his correspondence and various reports relating to the development of the post-war tobacco industry in Georgia. Reports and correspondence have often been intermingled within a bound volume.
Because the collection reflects daily activities so thoroughly, it provides a unique view of the operations of Mr. Preston's office during an important phase in agricultural modernization in the state. Through its pages one can see how the agricultural work of the Coastal Plain Experiment Station, as documented in the book The UGA Coastal Plain Experiment Station...The First 75 Years by Max Bass, was carried to practicing farmers and the tobacco industry.
- Correspondence and reports, 1946-1952
- Correspondence and reports, 1946-1952, continued
- Correspondence and reports, 1947-1954
- Correspondence and reports, 1954-1960
- Correspondence and reports, 1958-1960
- Correspondence and reports, 1961-1962
- Correspondence and reports, 1963-1964
- Correspondence and reports, 1965; Tobacco Releases by J.B. Preston, 1954-1966; John Rolfe/Jamestown pamphlet
Processed by Steven Brown