Finding Aid for Campus Photographs, c 1925 & Class Reunion Photographs c. 1950-1959 (UGA 92-140:3) [Extract]
.25 Linear Feet : one half-sized ms. box
Record Group 5-5, Continuing Education
1925 photo of library-originally in Pandora
Scope and Contents
Most of the 44 photographs in this collection were taken by the White Studio of of New York in the early 1920's. Some appeared in the 1925 Pandora, as did the image to the right. Most are views of the campus and its buildings, but one individual and several group portraits are included.
Among noteworthy shots are a view of the arboretum that was replaced by Sanford Stadium, Herty field being used for student calisthenics, the Strahan house that was replaced by the Law Library, the loggia atop Memorial Hall, Soule Hall with the amphitheater in front and the Sanford athletic field near the site of today's Student Learning Center.
This collection was originally in one folder marked "Photographs, Undated" in box 3 of collection UGA 92-140, General Extension Papers. Three photographs of class reunions in the 1950's seem out of place in the collection, but may explain how these photographs came to be included in the General Extension files. They are stamped on the back with "Reprint may be ordered from Univ. of Ga. Photo Dept. Division of Gen. Ext."
- Campus landscape Views
- Campus buildings
- People: portrait and group shots, including class reunions circa 1950-1959
Processed by Steven Brown