POSITION: Circulation and Marketing Associate (Administrative Associate II)
DEPARTMENT: The Georgia Review
ANNUAL SALARY: $26,017
The Circulation and Marketing Associate is responsible to the Business Manager for timely fulfillment of print and digital subscriptions and single-copy orders of The Georgia Review literary journal by utilizing specialized database software and online interfaces. The Circulation and Marketing Associate serves as office receptionist, handles accounts receivable, manages issue and merchandise inventory, handles shipping and receiving, supervises federal work-study students, assists the Business Manager with administrative correspondence, assists the Managing Editor with webpage and social media updates, and takes a lead role in developing and implementing effective marketing strategies for the Review. This position also maintains The Georgia Review’s pages on the University of Georgia’s online store, UGA Marketplace, under the guidance of the Review’s Business Manager, Managing Editor, and Design and Production Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
40% ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE, ORDER FULFILLMENT, FRONT OFFICE MANAGEMENT
- * Processes and deposits all payments in accordance with departmental and University regulations.
- * Maintains Accounts Receivable invoice log; collects past due invoices.
- * Fulfills and processes all print and digital subscriptions and single copy orders using QuickFill database software and online interfaces, which includes preparing and mailing subscription and single-copy order acknowledgments.
- * Prepares and mails periodical-rate issues quarterly and as needed
- Provides quarterly consignment delivery and account oversight for local stores selling single copies of The Georgia Review.
- Coordinates journal exchange subscriptions and internal routing.
- * Under direction of Managing Editor’s quarterly schedule, exports and e-mails current subscriber list to printer for mailing of each new issue.
- * Handles incoming telephone calls and greets visitors to the office; receives and routes incoming mail and deliveries; prepares outgoing mail, including customer correspondence.
- Monitors general garev e-mail account and routes messages appropriately.
25% MARKETPLACE MAINTENANCE, QUICKFILL DATABASE MANAGEMENT, FWS SUPERVISOR, RECORD KEEPING, INVENTORY
- * Maintains the Review’s webpages on the University’s online store, UGA Marketplace, ensuring new issues are loaded as they are published and making changes in web formatting and content as directed by the Business Manager and in accordance with the UGA Bursar’s Office.
- * Manages QuickFill database with regular batch postings, month-end closing, consistency checks, backups, and [build updates]; generates and mails bills and renewal notices in a timely manner. Prepares monthly reports for new orders, renewals, and expirations; generates all accounting reports.
- * Prepares and maintains accurate records on the sales, distribution, and mailing of print issues for both internal record keeping and the annual USPS Statement of Ownership, Management and Circulation.
- * Creates accurate accounts receivable ledger sheets for sales income totals and monthly tax collection accounting.
- Assists with hiring, training, and supervision of Federal Work Study employees.
- Logs in manuscript acceptance letters; maintains quarterly contributors’ files.
- * Maintains inventory counts of back and current issues.
- * Maintains subscription rate charts and provides updated charts to global subscription agencies annually and when requested.
- Maintains financial and fulfillment files and revises filing system as necessary.
- Coordinates delivery and/or pickup of office supplies, issues, and other materials.
- Maintains department internal contact list, prepares internal routing slips, and creates chart of student workers’ and interns’ work schedules
30% MARKETING, LISTSERV, GIFT CAMPAIGN, WEBSITE AND SOCIAL MEDIA UPDATES
- * Targets and develops, under the supervision of the Business Manager and the Managing Editor, marketing incentives to promote The Georgia Review
- Assists the Business Manager with marketing at conferences, readings, events, etc.
- Works with the Design and Production Manager to create subscriptions forms, invitations, and other print items for conferences, readings, and special events
- * Coordinates, in concert with the Business Manager, annual gift subscription campaign that takes place in September-October.
- Maintains the Review’s LISTSERV list and the garevls e-mail account.
- Assists the Managing Editor in updating the Review’s website and social media sites.
5% May serve on various committees on campus as directed by the Business Manager or Editor.
Keeps the Business Manager and other appropriate personnel informed of issues related to the duties of the position or office, including communicating appropriate university policies and procedures.
Maintains flexibility and awareness of changes and needs in the organization by assuming relevant and appropriate other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* = essential functions of the position
Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification required:
- High school diploma or equivalent and three years of progressively responsible office experience OR Associate's Degree and one year of responsible office experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Competencies required to successfully perform work:
- Considerable skill in using Microsoft Office Suite software, especially Excel and Word, and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Proficiency in or willingness to learn HTML, WordPress, Adobe Dreamweaver, and other digital platforms and markup languages
- Ability to maintain websites
- Excellent telephone and customer service skills
- Ability to perform routine tasks accurately with close attention to detail
- Ability to use discretion with confidential information
- Ability to use independent judgment
- Ability to work well independently or in a team environment
- Ability to organize and prioritize work effectively
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, subscribers, customers, and donors
- Ability to perform diverse, technical, and complex tasks with accuracy and attention to details
- Ability to supervise, and to take the lead in the hiring and training of, student personnel.
- Database experience, preferred
- Marketing experience preferred
- Ability to troubleshoot minor computer problems, preferred
- Knowledge of literary publications preferred
- Associates degree in related field, preferred
- Ability to lift boxes weighing 30-40 lbs. and to sit at computer for extended time periods.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Only applications submitted through the University of Georgia's Human Resources Employment website will be considered. Please visit the University of Georgia's Human Resources Employment website at https://www.ugajobsearch.com/applicants/jsp/shared/Welcome_css.jsp and follow the instructions to submit an online application. Position posting number = 20131589. The University of Georgia values diversity in its faculty, students, and staff and strongly encourages applications from underrepresented minority candidates. The University of Georgia is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
- 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; some evening or weekend work may be required.