Two ways to search the Libraries' catalog!
GIL-Find is the newer search interface for the UGA Libraries' catalog. Benefits of using GIL-Find include:
- Simpler keyword search options mean you don't have to know the exact Library of Congress subject headings.
- Post-search limiters by format (book, electronic, DVD, etc.), language, library locations, and more.
- More options for handling results: text, email, print, save, or export to RefWorks or EndNote.
GIL Classic is the original search interface for the UGA Libraries' catalog. Benefits of using GIL Classic include:
- More precise searching when you're trying to find a known item, i.e., you know the exact book title or author name you want.
- More advanced search options such as the ability to browse by call number (a virtual shelf browse) or browse by specific Library of Congress subject headings.