Why use a film or TV program?
Use a film to illustrate or educate.
How do I find films or TV programs?
- Commercial DVDs and videos are available in the Media Department in the basement of the Main Library. Students may check them out for three days and faculty for seven days. The collection can be found in the library catalog GIL-Find:
- From the GIL-Find homepage, type in your title, director, or keyword and click on 'Find.'
- Under the 'Narrow' menu at the left of your results list, click on 'Video.'
- Use the 'Precision Search' in the Peabody Awards database.
- Type TV in the top search box and select 'TV, Radio and/or Web' from the drop-down menu.
- Type a subject keyword or phrase in the second search box and leave it as 'Keyword Anywhere.'
- You may limit your results to programs available online; those not available online may be viewed in Media Archives.