Science Library Makerspace
Come learn, prototype, and iterate designs! We are a campus-wide resource supporting students, faculty, and staff in creative making for research and academic purposes. We provide project-based instruction that inspires curiosity, hands-on exploration, and innovative uses of technology. We support the UGA Libraries Strategic Plan to advance the University’s mission.
Due to COVID-19, we are currently unable to host large groups in the Makerspace in a safe, socially distanced manner. If you are interested in integrating Makerspace technologies into courses, classwork, or research, please email Andrew Johnson, Emerging Technologies Librarian.
Location Science Library, Room 381
Hours Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm
Technology Please reserve equipment online prior to coming to the Makerspace
- 3D Printers training required (MakerBot Replicator+ & 5th Gen.)
- 3D Scanner (Structure Sensor)
- Arduino; MakeyMakey; Multimeters; Raspberry Pi
- Laser Cutter training required (Dremel LC40)
- Vinyl Cutter (Roland STIKA)
- Soldering equipment training required (Hakko FX-888D)
- Virtual Reality unavailable due to COVID-19 (HTC Vive and Oculus Rift)
Training Certifications open to all UGA students, staff, and faculty with a valid UGA ID. If you can't make a training session due to a scheduled class, please email email@example.com