Subject and Class Guides
- Class Guides: Did a librarian visit your class and create a customize page for your research project? Look here.
- Subject Guides: Check to see if your topic or resource (like newspapers) has a special subject guide.
- GALILEO@UGA - Find citations and full-text articles on almost any topic. Start with the page for your subject or one of the Popular Databases,
- Journal Locator - If you have a citation for an article or journal, use this tool to see if we have it online in full text, or in the library in hard copy.
- GIL-Find (UGA's Library Catalog) - Find books, movies, and other material collected by UGA Libraries.
- Your Library Account: See what books you have checked out and renew them online.
- Loan Periods/Fine Rates: Most books may be borrowed for four weeks
- Recalls: How to recall a book that is currently checked out.
- Find books to borrow from other Georgia higher education institutions
- Use GIL Express to borrow them. Delivery time is 3-5 days.
- Google Books - Search the full text of millions of books, many available in your local library.
- HathiTrust Digital Library - Search the full text of millions of books and read the ones that are not in copyright. Log in to access more content and to save books to your bookshelf.
Primary Sources @ UGA
- How to find and identify a primary source
- Digital Library of Georgia: Georgia History and Culture Collections
- Walter J. Brown Media Archives: Media and Peabody Television Collections
- Hargrett Manuscript and Rare Books Collection
- Richard B. Russell Library for Political Research and Studies
- Request Research Help: Arrange a consultation with a librarian who is an expert in your subject.
- Ask a Librarian: walk up to the desk, call, IM/chat, or text us!